Who We Serve
- Educational Programs for All Ages by prior arrangement
- Provide Speakers for your Meetings
- Free Volunteer led tours of local battlefields
- Self Guided Driving Tour of the Battlefield
- Numerous Hiking/Walking Trails
- Acres of Beautiful Woods and Meadows to Explore and Enjoy
Who We Are
The purpose of the Friends of Wilderness Battlefield (FoWB) is to assist the American Battlefield Trust and the Central Virginia Battlefields Trust in their efforts to preserve the battlefields in Spotsylvania and Orange Counties. The Friends provide advocacy, educational programs, and service projects for the battlefield.
- Established in 1995
- 501(c)3 nonProfit Organization
- All Volunteer Organization
Frequently Asked Questions
What time is the park open?
Is there an admission fee to the park?
The Wilderness Battlefield and Ellwood Manor are free and open to the public.
Are there any walking/hiking trails in the park?
Is the park handicap accessible?
With a few exceptions, park buildings and many park trails are accessible. Service animals are welcome in all of our park buildings and on the grounds. If you have any questions about accessibility accommodations, please check with a NPS Visitor Center.