You are Cordially Invited to the FoWB Annual Membership Meeting Saturday, November 12, 2022, from 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM at the Wilderness Baptist Church, 9701 Plank Rd (Rt 3), Spotsylvania, VA. ...
FREDERICKSBURG, VA – On Saturday, May 28, the National Park Service will host the 27th annual luminaria at the Fredericksburg National Cemetery. The program runs from 8 p.m.to 11 p.m., and is free...
Due to remaining storm related hazards in the Wilderness Battlefield, particularly along Hill-Ewell Drive and Rt. 20, the National Park Service has determined that a spring Park Day cleanup event...
For many years we have been mentioning to visitors that Ellwood was used by the Confederate Army as a convalescence hospital after the Battle of Chancellorsville in May 1863. Thanks to the...
Who We Serve
- Educational Programs for All Ages by prior arrangement
- Special Tours of Ellwood Manor and the grounds can be arranged
- Group Lunch on the Lawn at Ellwood Manor (permit required)
- Provide Speakers for your Meetings
- Free Volunteer led tours of Ellwood Manor and the Grounds
- Self Guided Driving Tour of the Battlefield
- Numerous Hiking/Walking Trails
- Acres of Beautiful Woods and Meadows to Explore and Enjoy
Who We Are
The purpose of the Friends of Wilderness Battlefield (FoWB) is to assist the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park (FRSP) in its efforts to preserve the Wilderness Battlefield in Spotsylvania and Orange Counties. The Friends provide advocacy, educational programs, and service projects for the battlefield.
- Partnership Agreement with the National Parks Services
- Established in 1995
- 501(c)3 nonProfit Organization
- All Volunteer Organization
Frequently Asked Questions
What time is the park open?
Is there an admission fee to the park?
The Wilderness Battlefield and Ellwood Manor are free and open to the public. Donations are always welcome and appreciated.