2014 Park Day – April 5
Friends of Wilderness Battlefield (FoWB) is pleased to announce that we will once again be supporting the Annual Park Day 2014 nationally sponsored by the Civil War Trust and HistoryTM.
On Saturday, April 5 from 8:30 am to 1 pm, FoWB in overall partnership with the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park will host the Annual Park Day event at two battlefields: Wilderness and Spotsylvania Court House.
We have a full compliment of volunteers for Spotsylvania Court House … Please register for The Wilderness Battlefield .. We have lots of work there!!!
The work at the battlefields will be managed by the Chairman of FoWB’s Battlefield Resources Committee, Mark Wakeman. Mark has identified site captains and is currently working with the FRSP and CWT to strategically plan the work projects for each battlefield.
Dozens and dozens of volunteers are needed! Are you a member of a civic group, sports team, church Youth Group, Scout Program, School Club or simply interested in bringing your family out for a morning of very gratifying service?
- Will receive a free commemorative t-shirt, (while supplies last)
- Scouts will receive a patch or t-shirt from CWT. (while supplies last)
- Water and snacks provided by FoWB
- Should bring work gloves and safety vests if they own them.
- The National Park Service will provide trash bags and required tools
Locations and times:
- Check-in is at 8:30 am.
- Work crews will be dispatched following a safety briefing at 9 am.
- Work should be completed by 1 pm
- Assemble at the Park Service Exhibit Shelters at the Wilderness and Spostylvania Court House battlefield parks.
- Site assignments and additional details will be emailed to you after we have processed the registrations.
- The event will proceed in the event of minor inclement weather.
- If there is a severe weather forecast or warning, event cancellation notification will be made via email and posted on the FoWB web site and FaceBook.
Click Here to register an individual or group.
For more information or questions, please contact Mark Wakeman at 540-760-5948 or battlefield@FoWB.org
Leave a Reply