Due to the forecast of heavy rain and wind on Saturday, September 23, the tours scheduled for Mine Run Battlefield have been rescheduled for Saturday, October 21. Stay safe out there!!!!
First Quarter Newsletter Jan 1, 2023 Second Quarter Newsletter April 1, 2023 Third Quarter Newsletter July 1, 2023
Congratulations to our 2023 Scholarship Recipient Daniel Robles. FoWB board member Lynn McDonald presented Daniel his certificate at the Orange County High Schools Awards Ceremony on May 18, 2023....
FoWB was honored to receive a special award for their amazing work in researching and creating the Hospital Room exhibit at Ellwood. Hundreds of hours of research went into this endeavor, and the...
Who We Serve
- Educational Programs for All Ages by prior arrangement
- Special Tours of Ellwood Manor and the grounds can be arranged
- Group Lunch on the Lawn at Ellwood Manor (permit required)
- Provide Speakers for your Meetings
- Free Volunteer led tours of Ellwood Manor and the Grounds
- Self Guided Driving Tour of the Battlefield
- Numerous Hiking/Walking Trails
- Acres of Beautiful Woods and Meadows to Explore and Enjoy
Who We Are
The purpose of the Friends of Wilderness Battlefield (FoWB) is to assist the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park (FRSP) in its efforts to preserve the Wilderness Battlefield in Spotsylvania and Orange Counties. The Friends provide advocacy, educational programs, and service projects for the battlefield.
- Partnership Agreement with the National Parks Services
- Established in 1995
- 501(c)3 nonProfit Organization
- All Volunteer Organization
Frequently Asked Questions
What time is the park open?
Is there an admission fee to the park?
The Wilderness Battlefield and Ellwood Manor are free and open to the public. Donations are always welcome and appreciated.