Board of Directors
The FoWB Board of Directors comprises up to fifteen members who are responsible for the business operation and general affairs of the organization. FoWB members in good standing are eligible to be elected to a three-year term. Email the Board of Directors by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org and using category ‘President’.
- Zann Nelson, Culpeper County, Virginia, President and Fund Development Chair
- Carolyn Elstner, Stafford County, Virginia, Vice President and Ellwood Chair
- Jeffrey Slunt, Spotsylvania County, Virginia, Treasurer
- Dorothy Mosso, Orange County, Virginia, Secretary
- Nate Bond, Spotsylvania County, Virginia, Membership Chair
- Gerry Culver, Culpeper County, Virginia, At Large
- Hap Connors, Spotsylvania County, Virginia, At Large
- Howard Lambert, Fairfax County, Virginia, At Large
- Mark Leach, Orange County, Virginia, At Large
- Diane Logan, Culpeper County, Virginia, At Large
- Gary Mauss, Orange County, Virginia, At Large
- Dwight Mottet, Orange County, Virginia, At Large
- Dan Nickelson, Spotsylvania County, Virginia, At Large
- Mark Wakeman, Spotsylvania County, Virginia, Battlefield Resources Chair
The FoWB Board of Directors has six standing committees. Each is chaired by a member of the board and comprises both board members and non-board members. If you are an FoWB member and interested in serving on a committee, send us an email by clicking email@example.com and using category ‘President’.
- Battlefield Resources: provides resources for the physical upkeep of the Wilderness Battlefield.
Board Enhancement Committee: provides assistance and advice to the Board of Directors to maximize efficient management of FoWB.
- Communications Committee: responsible for FoWB media relations, press releases, the Dispatch newsletter and the website.
- Ellwood Committee: directs Ellwood operations including interpretation, restoration project, grounds maintenance and housekeeping. FRSP personnel also serve on this committee.
- Finance Committee: responsible for the financial standards, practices and policies related to FoWB operations.
Membership Committee: develops and implements programs to recruit new members and enhance membership benefits.